Microsoft Office Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

folder picker

 
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2005, 10:34 PM
put in use of filedialog in an access xp subroutine to find a folder:
Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
it works fine on my development machine that has the full office
installation. however when i package it up and take it to a clean machine,
install the access runtime, and try to use the filedialog it crashes with a
runtime error on the above line. i did check that the office10\mso.dll is
on the target machine. is there something else that is needed that the
packaging wizard may have missed??



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005, 07:13 AM
You must specifically make a reference to mso10.dll


>-----Original Message-----
>put in use of filedialog in an access xp subroutine to

find a folder:
> Set fd = Application.FileDialog

(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
>it works fine on my development machine that has the

full office
>installation. however when i package it up and take it

to a clean machine,
>install the access runtime, and try to use the

filedialog it crashes with a
>runtime error on the above line. i did check that the

office10\mso.dll is
>on the target machine. is there something else that is

needed that the
>packaging wizard may have missed??
>
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005, 12:34 PM
something other than checking the reference box for "microsoft office 10.0
object library" in the project references??? it wouldn't even compile on
the development machine without that of course. with it the development
machine is fine, but the target machine crashes.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:144801c4ff88$a994e880$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You must specifically make a reference to mso10.dll
>
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >put in use of filedialog in an access xp subroutine to

> find a folder:
> > Set fd = Application.FileDialog

> (msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
> >it works fine on my development machine that has the

> full office
> >installation. however when i package it up and take it

> to a clean machine,
> >install the access runtime, and try to use the

> filedialog it crashes with a
> >runtime error on the above line. i did check that the

> office10\mso.dll is
> >on the target machine. is there something else that is

> needed that the
> >packaging wizard may have missed??
> >
> >
> >
> >.
> >




 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Weiner
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Dave

I have had a number of "interesting" experiences deploying the Access
runtime solutions. Some stuff just dosent work, some stuff works
differently, and some stuff causes Kaboom's.

If I were in your position I believe that I would give up on the Access
msoFileDialogFolderPicker and use the API directly. There is a Browse for
Folder Solution at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0002.htm and browse for
files solution at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm.

Neither of these solutions requires anything special be installed on the
client machine, as they use the windows OS directly.

Ron W


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ulmVHW7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> something other than checking the reference box for "microsoft office 10.0
> object library" in the project references??? it wouldn't even compile on
> the development machine without that of course. with it the development
> machine is fine, but the target machine crashes.
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:144801c4ff88$a994e880$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You must specifically make a reference to mso10.dll
> >
> >
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >put in use of filedialog in an access xp subroutine to

> > find a folder:
> > > Set fd = Application.FileDialog

> > (msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
> > >it works fine on my development machine that has the

> > full office
> > >installation. however when i package it up and take it

> > to a clean machine,
> > >install the access runtime, and try to use the

> > filedialog it crashes with a
> > >runtime error on the above line. i did check that the

> > office10\mso.dll is
> > >on the target machine. is there something else that is

> > needed that the
> > >packaging wizard may have missed??
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >.
> > >

>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005, 02:10 PM
ah, thank you... that is really the folder dialog i wanted, but i forgot how
to get it. i'll have to file that link away somewhere 'safe'.

"Ron Weiner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:emn9J67$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dave
>
> I have had a number of "interesting" experiences deploying the Access
> runtime solutions. Some stuff just dosent work, some stuff works
> differently, and some stuff causes Kaboom's.
>
> If I were in your position I believe that I would give up on the Access
> msoFileDialogFolderPicker and use the API directly. There is a Browse for
> Folder Solution at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0002.htm and browse

for
> files solution at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm.
>
> Neither of these solutions requires anything special be installed on the
> client machine, as they use the windows OS directly.
>
> Ron W
>
>
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ulmVHW7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > something other than checking the reference box for "microsoft office

10.0
> > object library" in the project references??? it wouldn't even compile

on
> > the development machine without that of course. with it the development
> > machine is fine, but the target machine crashes.
> >
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:144801c4ff88$a994e880$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > You must specifically make a reference to mso10.dll
> > >
> > >
> > > >-----Original Message-----
> > > >put in use of filedialog in an access xp subroutine to
> > > find a folder:
> > > > Set fd = Application.FileDialog
> > > (msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
> > > >it works fine on my development machine that has the
> > > full office
> > > >installation. however when i package it up and take it
> > > to a clean machine,
> > > >install the access runtime, and try to use the
> > > filedialog it crashes with a
> > > >runtime error on the above line. i did check that the
> > > office10\mso.dll is
> > > >on the target machine. is there something else that is
> > > needed that the
> > > >packaging wizard may have missed??
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >.
> > > >

> >
> >
> >

>
>




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
File Dialog Folder Picker open to particular folder KeriM Excel Programming 2 11-02-2012 07:56 PM
Date Picker 'Set Default Output' based on another Date Picker aspear Infopath Newsgroup 5 06-23-2009 07:11 PM
Folder Picker Control? Joe Delphi Access General 1 07-17-2005 03:38 PM
I am trying to use the Microsoft Date and Time Picker control and I am getting the following error "an error occured in a call to the windows date and time picker control" in access 2000 Ralph Malph Access Forms 0 10-25-2004 06:00 PM
Folder picker: default to network share? pk Excel Programming 0 10-11-2003 03:48 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24 PM.
Microsoft Office Forums is not affiliated with Microsoft Corporation.


Welcome!
Welcome to the Microsoft Office Forums
 


Latest Threads
New user looking for shapes/templates
SargeUSMC (04-21-2014, 04:23 PM)

Mail Merging Content With High Quality
oleander (04-17-2014, 11:59 PM)

Aargh. What is this?
PeteJ (04-17-2014, 12:10 PM)

Word 2013 Insert Symbol (Not Responding)
tpthrshr (04-17-2014, 02:49 AM)

Can't save a large Word document
Josh (04-17-2014, 01:03 AM)