Microsoft Office Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

How to measure square footage in a curved building

 
 
Carole O
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Just moved to a new building and need to know square footage of each office.
I can figure the square office, and odd shaped (union) offices, but the ones
with curved outside walls have me stumped. Can anyone explain what to do?

TIA,

Carole O

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Parker [Visio MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Visio 2003 Professional - Space Plan app includes curved walls and Space
areas that can give you the area.

"Carole O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:F57802B9-37C7-45EE-A67D-(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just moved to a new building and need to know square footage of each
> office.
> I can figure the square office, and odd shaped (union) offices, but the
> ones
> with curved outside walls have me stumped. Can anyone explain what to do?
>
> TIA,
>
> Carole O
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Carole O
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2005, 04:08 PM
OK, Dave -

I'm stubborn (tried to figure out what your note meant), checked the book,
etc. I still can't figure out how to outline/select curves and angles to use
the Space icon to give me the square footage. I don't see a Space icon that
has curves and angles. Is there such an animal?

TIA,

Carole O

"David Parker [Visio MVP]" wrote:

> Visio 2003 Professional - Space Plan app includes curved walls and Space
> areas that can give you the area.
>
> "Carole O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:F57802B9-37C7-45EE-A67D-(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just moved to a new building and need to know square footage of each
> > office.
> > I can figure the square office, and odd shaped (union) offices, but the
> > ones
> > with curved outside walls have me stumped. Can anyone explain what to do?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Carole O
> >

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
David Parker [Visio MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Carole,

If you have constructed a room which is bounded by the wall shapes, then the
Space master can be dropped into the room, then select Auto Size on its
right mouse menu, and ... voila! It expands to fill the room to the wall
edges and displays the area.

(Visio 2003 Professional)

David

"Carole O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news9505AB9-988B-42C4-8C8F-(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK, Dave -
>
> I'm stubborn (tried to figure out what your note meant), checked the book,
> etc. I still can't figure out how to outline/select curves and angles to
> use
> the Space icon to give me the square footage. I don't see a Space icon
> that
> has curves and angles. Is there such an animal?
>
> TIA,
>
> Carole O
>
> "David Parker [Visio MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Visio 2003 Professional - Space Plan app includes curved walls and Space
>> areas that can give you the area.
>>
>> "Carole O" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:F57802B9-37C7-45EE-A67D-(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Just moved to a new building and need to know square footage of each
>> > office.
>> > I can figure the square office, and odd shaped (union) offices, but the
>> > ones
>> > with curved outside walls have me stumped. Can anyone explain what to
>> > do?
>> >
>> > TIA,
>> >
>> > Carole O
>> >

>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can I figure square footage for 2 or 3 numbers in a row? Sandi Excel Worksheets 1 03-26-2010 10:12 PM
Compare house plans to price/square footage, what template to use? Bob I Excel Misc 0 07-31-2007 08:45 PM
Want to calculate square footage of shapes in excel Muddled Excel Misc 2 07-09-2007 12:30 AM
how can you get the total square footage of a home drawing includ. Deanray Visio General 0 01-30-2005 05:57 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 AM.
Microsoft Office Forums is not affiliated with Microsoft Corporation.


Welcome!
Welcome to the Microsoft Office Forums
 


Latest Threads
Mail Merging Content With High Quality
oleander (04-17-2014, 11:59 PM)

Aargh. What is this?
PeteJ (04-17-2014, 12:10 PM)

Word 2013 Insert Symbol (Not Responding)
tpthrshr (04-17-2014, 02:49 AM)

Can't save a large Word document
Josh (04-17-2014, 01:03 AM)

Remote help?
newman200 (04-13-2014, 12:54 PM)