Microsoft Office Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Microsoft Project Professional 2007 Trial Version

 
 
Michael D
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I have tried several times to download the trial version of Microsoft Office
Project Professional 2007. This Trial offers a 180 day trial period to
evaluate the application prior to purchase.

When launching this file, I expected to be taken to Windows Installer to
install the application so that I could begin using it to determine if it
will satisfy my needs. Instead, I had the following experiences:

In all instances I was given the options to "cancel", "save", or to "find a
program online to open it".

In two cases, I attempted to find a program online to open it. In each
case, I was diverted to the Windows File Association screen and offered
alternatives for finding a program that could run this file. Windows had no
suggestions of what application I should use.

In two other cases, I saved the file to my hard disk. The file saved each
time was "ProjectProfessional.img". When I attempted to launch this file, I
was diverted to the Windows File Association screen and offered alternatives
for finding a program that could run this file. Windows had no suggestions
of what application I should use.

Can anyone please provide me with guidance on how to appropriately download,
install and launch the Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 Trial
version?

Thank you.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JulieS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Hello Michael D.

See the following:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa718401.aspx

Although it refers to "Express Editions" the information under
"Manually Installing an Express Edition on a local machine" give step
by step instructions on working with *.img files.

See also:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...58238&SiteID=1

for some references to other programs (other than Roxio and IsoBuster)
which will work with *.img files.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information
about Microsoft Project


"Michael D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:915EE403-B9E5-4C8E-AEFE-(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tried several times to download the trial version of
> Microsoft Office
> Project Professional 2007. This Trial offers a 180 day trial period
> to
> evaluate the application prior to purchase.
>
> When launching this file, I expected to be taken to Windows
> Installer to
> install the application so that I could begin using it to determine
> if it
> will satisfy my needs. Instead, I had the following experiences:
>
> In all instances I was given the options to "cancel", "save", or to
> "find a
> program online to open it".
>
> In two cases, I attempted to find a program online to open it. In
> each
> case, I was diverted to the Windows File Association screen and
> offered
> alternatives for finding a program that could run this file.
> Windows had no
> suggestions of what application I should use.
>
> In two other cases, I saved the file to my hard disk. The file
> saved each
> time was "ProjectProfessional.img". When I attempted to launch this
> file, I
> was diverted to the Windows File Association screen and offered
> alternatives
> for finding a program that could run this file. Windows had no
> suggestions
> of what application I should use.
>
> Can anyone please provide me with guidance on how to appropriately
> download,
> install and launch the Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
> Trial
> version?
>
> Thank you.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Michael D
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks, JulieS. IsoBuster did the trick!

"JulieS" wrote:

> Hello Michael D.
>
> See the following:
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa718401.aspx
>
> Although it refers to "Express Editions" the information under
> "Manually Installing an Express Edition on a local machine" give step
> by step instructions on working with *.img files.
>
> See also:
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...58238&SiteID=1
>
> for some references to other programs (other than Roxio and IsoBuster)
> which will work with *.img files.
>
> I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
>
> Julie
> Project MVP
>
> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information
> about Microsoft Project
>
>
> "Michael D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:915EE403-B9E5-4C8E-AEFE-(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have tried several times to download the trial version of
> > Microsoft Office
> > Project Professional 2007. This Trial offers a 180 day trial period
> > to
> > evaluate the application prior to purchase.
> >
> > When launching this file, I expected to be taken to Windows
> > Installer to
> > install the application so that I could begin using it to determine
> > if it
> > will satisfy my needs. Instead, I had the following experiences:
> >
> > In all instances I was given the options to "cancel", "save", or to
> > "find a
> > program online to open it".
> >
> > In two cases, I attempted to find a program online to open it. In
> > each
> > case, I was diverted to the Windows File Association screen and
> > offered
> > alternatives for finding a program that could run this file.
> > Windows had no
> > suggestions of what application I should use.
> >
> > In two other cases, I saved the file to my hard disk. The file
> > saved each
> > time was "ProjectProfessional.img". When I attempted to launch this
> > file, I
> > was diverted to the Windows File Association screen and offered
> > alternatives
> > for finding a program that could run this file. Windows had no
> > suggestions
> > of what application I should use.
> >
> > Can anyone please provide me with guidance on how to appropriately
> > download,
> > install and launch the Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
> > Trial
> > version?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
JulieS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2007, 02:00 AM
You're welcome Michael. Glad to have helped and thanks for the
feedback.

Julie
Project MVP

"Michael D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AAF69F86-14B8-4E23-AC89-(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, JulieS. IsoBuster did the trick!
>
> "JulieS" wrote:
>
>> Hello Michael D.
>>
>> See the following:
>>
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa718401.aspx
>>
>> Although it refers to "Express Editions" the information under
>> "Manually Installing an Express Edition on a local machine" give
>> step
>> by step instructions on working with *.img files.
>>
>> See also:
>>
>> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...58238&SiteID=1
>>
>> for some references to other programs (other than Roxio and
>> IsoBuster)
>> which will work with *.img files.
>>
>> I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
>>
>> Julie
>> Project MVP
>>
>> Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
>> information
>> about Microsoft Project
>>
>>
>> "Michael D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:915EE403-B9E5-4C8E-AEFE-(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I have tried several times to download the trial version of
>> > Microsoft Office
>> > Project Professional 2007. This Trial offers a 180 day trial
>> > period
>> > to
>> > evaluate the application prior to purchase.
>> >
>> > When launching this file, I expected to be taken to Windows
>> > Installer to
>> > install the application so that I could begin using it to
>> > determine
>> > if it
>> > will satisfy my needs. Instead, I had the following experiences:
>> >
>> > In all instances I was given the options to "cancel", "save", or
>> > to
>> > "find a
>> > program online to open it".
>> >
>> > In two cases, I attempted to find a program online to open it.
>> > In
>> > each
>> > case, I was diverted to the Windows File Association screen and
>> > offered
>> > alternatives for finding a program that could run this file.
>> > Windows had no
>> > suggestions of what application I should use.
>> >
>> > In two other cases, I saved the file to my hard disk. The file
>> > saved each
>> > time was "ProjectProfessional.img". When I attempted to launch
>> > this
>> > file, I
>> > was diverted to the Windows File Association screen and offered
>> > alternatives
>> > for finding a program that could run this file. Windows had no
>> > suggestions
>> > of what application I should use.
>> >
>> > Can anyone please provide me with guidance on how to
>> > appropriately
>> > download,
>> > install and launch the Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
>> > Trial
>> > version?
>> >
>> > Thank you.
>> >

>>
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Professional Trial not working with Project Server Trial mick@l-3 Project Server 2 03-24-2009 12:11 AM
microsoft office professional 2007 trial version Gerald Microsoft Office Setup 1 10-06-2008 03:13 PM
Groove 2007 Trial version and non-trial version - Handler error tyke61 Groove Newsgroup 3 06-21-2007 08:52 AM
2007 Trial version microsoft professional H C Microsoft Outlook 3 01-14-2007 09:51 AM
professional version won't install over free trial version Tim Microsoft Office Setup 45 03-12-2006 05:10 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 AM.
Microsoft Office Forums is not affiliated with Microsoft Corporation.


Welcome!
Welcome to the Microsoft Office Forums
 


Latest Threads
Mail Merging Content With High Quality
oleander (Yesterday, 11:59 PM)

Aargh. What is this?
PeteJ (Yesterday, 12:10 PM)

Word 2013 Insert Symbol (Not Responding)
tpthrshr (Yesterday, 02:49 AM)

Can't save a large Word document
Josh (Yesterday, 01:03 AM)

Remote help?
newman200 (04-13-2014, 12:54 PM)