How to remove Office 2010?

Reaction score
I had Office 2010 installed on my computer. I later found it was a pirate copy, so I purchased a new copy of Office 2013. After the 2013 version was installed, and I had all my email system working, I kept getting problems with office 2013 saying that two versions could not be run at the same time. I kept having to shut down the 2013 version, and stop the office services in Task Manager before it would re-start. I decided that I had to delete the old version using Control Panel.
Within an hour, the email system on my Outlook 2013 crashed, and no matter what I did, it would no longer work. I fixed it by restoring the computer to the state it was in prior to deleting Office 2010. However, I only get updates for Office 2010, and cannot add any of the power pivot addins that I should be able to. Mine is a stand alone version of Office 2013.
Every time I open a spreadsheet by clicking on it, it opens in 2010, not 2013.
As 2013 does not come on a disk, but with a code and a 7 hour download at my connection speed, How do I remove all the Office kit from my machine and re-install it.
I am using widows 7 professional 64 bit

Reaction score
Hate to say this but the only way I know of to get the old version off is to remove both starting with the latest version (I've been there). You might want to get a copy of Revo Uninstaller to do the job. It does a better job than your Windows uninstaller. Go to revouninstaller dot com (can't post the actual link because I'm a new forum member and have to have 10 posts before they let you post links).

Ask a Question