Cannot convert picture

L

Lorie

I am designing a flyer and when I try to convert a clip
art picture I get an error that says...Publisher cannot
convert this picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
the software..I have compacted the clip art and nothing
works. Any suggestions? It used to work why all of a
sudden it doesn't is beyond my comprehension. HELP!!!

M

Mary Sauer

Lorie,
I should have had you do the troubleshooting steps in the Organizer help, your answer
is there. The Organizer has its own help files. This is what it says about filters.
For Microsoft Clip Organizer to be able to work with a specific graphic or other
media format, your computer must have the appropriate software. Graphic filters and
media players come with operating systems, graphic programs, and other programs. If
you get an error message that says your graphics import filter or media player may be
missing, corrupted, or incompatible, do one or more of the following:

a.. Try to add another file of the same type. If this works, then the first clip
file is probably corrupted. However, one or more clips may be incompatible with the
installed graphics filter or media player for a given file type. Or, a filter or
media player might need to be installed. You can re-run setup for Clip Organizer to
install filters for the following file types: Computer Graphics Metafile (.cgm),
CorelDRAW (.cdr), FlashPix (including PhotoDraw and Picture It!) (.fpx and .mix),
Kodak Photo CD (.pcd), Macintosh PICT (.pct), PC Paintbrush (.pcx), and WordPerfect
(.wpg).
b.. If the file you are having problems with is a picture file, look up "graphics
file format" or "graphics filter" in the Help file of the programs on your computer
that were installed with Clip Organizer. There may be information about which
graphics filters come with that product and which ones do not, and how to install
filters from that product that you may not have already installed.
c.. If your program comes with a graphics filter that you do not currently have
installed, you can reinstall that program to get the missing filter or player.

Ask a Question