Custom PWA Field in My Timesheet Cannot Be Queried

Reaction score
We are using Project Server Online. I am working on sending our PWA time to our internal TimeTracking system. One field called TimeTrack Activity (TT Activity) is required for each timesheet line to indicate what the person was doing. For instance a TT Activity can be Testing, Deliver-Implement, Rework, etc. The resource needs to choose the appropriate TT Activity when entering time.

I added a TT Activity as a TASK field in PWA and set Deliver-Implement as the default. I also added this field to the MY Timesheet view and unchecked “Make Field Read Only” to allow the user to change the value in My Timesheet. So now I can go to My Timesheet, enter time and also change TT Activity for instance to Rework. I can log out and come back in. My change of TT Activity remains as Rework.

I then tried to pull my time with TT Activity using Power Query going against oData. I cannot find TT Activity as a field to choose. Is there a way to add the field into my Power Query?

Thanks
John

Reaction score
an Update ...
Even though I have told TT Activity to have a default value of Deliver-Implement, it only seems to show in the project after I save/publish/close/check in, and then re-open the project. Also the Deliver Implement value is not flowing to My TimeSheet so I have to enter the TT Activity for each timesheet line and every period ... :(

Using Power Query and oData, I can merge the TT Activity assigned to a project task in the project schedule with the timesheet line associated with the task. This is good but what I really need is to have the resource set the TT Activity in the timesheet and then report that out in OData.
So far no can do.

Ask a Question