How To Freely Move Text In Word?

Reaction score
Hi I am currently attempting to align words to a legal pad with lines but the formatting for word is throwing me off. Is there a way I can freely move the words on Microsoft word? What I mean by this is Drag a piece of text and move it to any part of the document I want?(I dont really want to use a text box because I don't want the white background to be behind it since the paper color is yellow with lines)
If not then are there any programs that anyone here knows where I can do that?

Reaction score
Surely you just drag the curser across the text you want to move (holding button down to select) then keeping button down (mouse button) drag to new location.

Reaction score
(I dont really want to use a text box because I don't want the white background to be behind it since the paper color is yellow with lines)

I realize this is not the solution you are asking for, but you can format the text box so that there is "No fill" allowing it to simply show your text with no white background. The same Format Shape dialog box will allow you to set the line color to "no line" so that there is no border either.

Ask a Question