internal error: #2131

Discussion in 'Visio Troubleshooting' started by malice6372, Apr 25, 2008.

  1. malice6372

    malice6372 Guest

    I have a user that gets this message each time when trying to open a file in
    visio 2007:

    Visio internal error: #2131
    Action 1283: Open file

    Any ideas?
     
    malice6372, Apr 25, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. malice6372

    Paul Herber Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:32:00 -0700, malice6372
    <> wrote:

    >I have a user that gets this message each time when trying to open a file in
    >visio 2007:
    >
    >Visio internal error: #2131
    >Action 1283: Open file


    I've heard of this error being announced when a shapesheet formula
    contains an error, especially when the shapesheet has been
    created/modified in a version of Windows/Visio where the decimal
    separator or the list separator are different.




    --
    Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
    http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/
     
    Paul Herber, Apr 29, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. malice6372

    Paul Herber Guest

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:06:36 +0100, Paul Herber
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:32:00 -0700, malice6372
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a user that gets this message each time when trying to open a file in
    >>visio 2007:
    >>
    >>Visio internal error: #2131
    >>Action 1283: Open file

    >
    >I've heard of this error being announced when a shapesheet formula
    >contains an error, especially when the shapesheet has been
    >created/modified in a version of Windows/Visio where the decimal
    >separator or the list separator are different.


    Having changed the language to do some testing to German, this now
    messes up an Excel spreadsheet for just this reason!!


    --
    Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
    http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/
     
    Paul Herber, Apr 29, 2008
    #3
  4. malice6372

    Peter2Many Guest

    "Paul Herber" wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:06:36 +0100, Paul Herber
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:32:00 -0700, malice6372
    > ><> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I have a user that gets this message each time when trying to open a file in
    > >>visio 2007:
    > >>
    > >>Visio internal error: #2131
    > >>Action 1283: Open file

    > >
    > >I've heard of this error being announced when a shapesheet formula
    > >contains an error, especially when the shapesheet has been
    > >created/modified in a version of Windows/Visio where the decimal
    > >separator or the list separator are different.

    >
    > Having changed the language to do some testing to German, this now
    > messes up an Excel spreadsheet for just this reason!!
    >
    >
    > --
    > Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
    > http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/
    >
     
    Peter2Many, Jul 25, 2008
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. NSC IT

    Visio internal error: #2131

    NSC IT, Aug 2, 2007, in forum: Visio Archive
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    541
    NSC IT
    Aug 2, 2007
  2. Bob

    runtime error 2131

    Bob, Feb 8, 2006, in forum: Access General
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    130
    JamDad
    Feb 10, 2006
  3. DesignUI
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    4,723
    jdaniels10
    Apr 29, 2013
  4. mkvermette

    Internal Error #2131 Action 1283: Open File

    mkvermette, May 26, 2008, in forum: Visio Developers
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,259
    Sabrina Graham
    May 6, 2010
  5. Azad

    Visio internal error: #2131

    Azad, Mar 20, 2008, in forum: Visio General
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    961
    Aaron Rykhus [MSFT]
    Oct 23, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page