is it possible to understand how the purchase of 1 product might becorrellated to the purchase of an

B

brian.posalski

I have a set of data with 10 columns. In each column there contains eitherthe name of a product or a blank cell. Each row is considered a basket. In one person's basket, there may only be one product (i.e. apple). In another person's basket, there may be 10 products (i.e. apple, pear, grapes.....10 total).
The products are column agnostic, meaning someone's basket may contain an apple, pear, and grapes, but listed in a different order (i.e User 1: apple,pear, grapes; user 2: pear, apple grapes). To me, the basket of User 1 and User 2 are identical.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out whether having this kind of data can allowme to understand how the purchase of one product may lead to a stronger orweaker probability of also purchasing another product within the same basket.

can anyone help?

Thanks!

Ask a Question