Lookup Function Help

Reaction score
I may be using wrong function but its works to a point then does not do what I would like. My function is =LOOKUP(A4,Sheet10!$K2:$K21,Sheet10!$L2:$L21) On Sheet10 after looking at A4 it returns E1, E2, K1, K2, Q1, or Q2. I am using this formula on 8 separate tabs. I would like that when the formula returns the answer E1 from Sheet10 to Sheet1 that it would return the Value in E1 on Sheet1 instead of the Text "E1," and to get this to work on all tabs with just the one formula. What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
I may be using wrong function but it works to a point then does not do what I would like. I set up a Data Validation Drop down Box in A4:A25. My function is =LOOKUP(A4,Sheet10!$K2:$K21,Sheet10!$L2:$L21) on Sheet10; after looking at A4 it returns E1, E2, K1, K2, Q1, or Q2. I am using this formula on 8 separate tabs. I would like that when the formula returns the answer E1 from Sheet10 to Sheet1 that it would return the Value in E1 on Sheet1-8 instead of the Text "E1," and to get this to work on all tabs with just the one formula. What am I doing wrong?
Sheets1-8(1 Dwarf, 2 Elf, 3 Human, 4 Obsidiman, 5 Ork, 6 Troll, 7 T'Skrang, and 8 Windling)(Each are separate Tabs on same Workbook) The Values in Cells E1:Q2 are different for each race. I would like to select the Talent from a drop down box in A4:A25 and have it Lookup the corresponding Attribute Step Cell location on Sheet10 and add it to the rank on Sheet1 depending on which sheet is active. Then repeat for each Race with the same formula.

So I'd like K4 to return =Q2+C4 which is =6+1
and K5 to return =K1+C5 which is =5+1

Attachments

• Sky Raider.zip
    74.8 KB · Views: 209

Ask a Question