Mail Merging Content With High Quality

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to mail merge the content of my publication so it's the body of an e-mail, but every time I do, there is really terrible loss of quality with all the different fonts.

The only work around I've found is to save the publication as a high resolution jpg, then create a new document with the jpg as the content. The problem is I have an active link I want the recipients to able to click on, and this is obviously impossible if all of the content is an image.

To get around that, I just just create the hyper link in a text box, but again, the quality loss on the font is really terrible.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I just want to mail merge the contents exactly as I see it on the screen, without any sort of compression.

Edit: To anyone who's wondering, I found a work around. First, save the content of your publisher document as a high quality JPG (Save As > JPG > Under resolution, click "Change" and select the highest quality). Create a new Publisher document and insert this image.

Anywhere you have a link, just insert a transparent shape around it (just create a transparent box around the link), and then right click on the object and make that a hyperlink.

Now when you send out a mail blast, you'll get the uncompressed version of your document with all the active links.

And yes, in case you're wondering, this is a very stupid situation if there really is no way to turn compression in mail merge off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe the problem occurs when you use a typeface that is not web ready. Publisher converts these text boxes to raster images. Change the font to Arial, Times NR, Verdana, or one of the few other web-ready fonts.

Ask a Question