Message has an attachment but the message doesn't show a "paper clip" icon

R

rmaddale_58

Hi all,

I've recently started using Outlook Office XP (SP-1). In some cases when a message contains an attachment (most recently an Excel document) the attachment column in my Inbox doesn't show a "paper clip". When I open the file in a preview pane, sometimes the attachment shows up in the list of attachments. Other times, it doesn't. (It's sort of schizophrenic). When I use the preview pane I cannot use "Save Attachments" to save the attachment.

When I "open' the message as a separate window, again sometimes the attacchment is listed and sometimes, for the same message, not. But, here I can always do a "Save Attachment". Thus, my problem is probably not related to Outlook's security since I can get to the attachment, sometimes easily and sometimes not. It's seems to be only the existence of some attachments that Outlook is sometime hiding.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Ron

Ask a Question