Repairing Outlook PST using SCANPST.EXE

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an user that has multiple AOL accounts defined in his OUTLOOK 2010 (* No Exchange Server). PST files ranging from 2GB to 22GB in size. His Outlook has been slowing down over the time to the point that it became unbearable for the user to continue to use.

I copied all existing PST files into the temporary folder after closing OUTLOOK so that it does not receive any new emails during this process.
I started running "Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.EXE) on each PST in temporary folder. After REPAIR, it created a log file along with .bak file.

Now that I am done with repairs, how should I move these repaird PST into the original folder location.
Can I simply copy "repaird" PST files from temp folder, past them into working/original location with Replace option? Then open Outlook to receive new emails?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Yes, you can simply copy the PST files to the original location but do not replace the original PST files. Save the repaired files with a new name.

Ask a Question