Save mulit-page two-sided document as a PDF

Reaction score
I am struggling to save a document as a PDF. The document contains multiple small signs that are all front and back. So the file is setup as a 2.7" x 3.5" page size and printing multiple copies (6 copies) on each 8.5x11 piece of paper. The pages are ordered so that page 1 is the front side of sign one and page 2 is the back of sign one, page 3 is the front of sign two, page 4 is the back of sign two, and so on. When I print directly from the publisher file I have no problems at all. When I select print on two sides it works perfectly. However, the document center at our office will not print from a Publisher file, so I have to save it as a PDF. When I do so, I cannot get the document to save correctly. It creates a PDF with 3 signs on each page. The left hand column has the front of the 3 signs and the right hand column has the backs of the 3 signs. I have also tried using the PDF printer, but that does not work either. That creates 2 separate files one with all the fronts and one with all the backs. Any suggestions on how I can save it as PDF so the page one is the front of 6 signs, page 2 is the back of those same signs and so on?

Reaction score
Just a thought, but if you save the document without the multiple images on a page, but make the page size 2.7" * 3.5", then that may well produce the effect you want. I realize that it's not a 'Publisher' solution, but Microsoft and Adobe have very different ideas about whose formatting takes precedence over others!

HTH

Tony

Ask a Question