Share Outlook Calendar on Android

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've recently transitioned over to Office 365 and I love many of the features - there are some major advantages over using Google Apps. However, one problem I've found is that it doesn't seem to be possible to view shared calendars on Android. Shared calendars appear fine within the web app and Outlook 2016, but they don't appear in any of the Android calendar apps.

Has anyone got a working solution for this? I'd rather not add a secondary account to the phone just to get access to the calendar.

Reaction score
we recommend you use Microsoft Outlook app for your device, it is a good app that works great with your Office 365 account. This is also for Office 365 Enterprise E3 customers and up

You must complete all of this from either the Outlook Web App (https://outlook.office365.com). DO NOT complete any of this from your desktop version or mobile version of Outlook as it will not function on your mobile device.

To share a calendar with someone using Office 365:
  1. Open a browser, navigate to http://portal.office365.com and log in to the account
  2. From the main page, click Calendar to view your calendars
  3. Along the top of the page, locate the Share button, click it, and then from the menu select the calendar to be shared
  4. A new pane will open on the right of the page
  5. In the text field, enter the email address of the person you wish to share with
  6. After typing the email, change the sharing permissions to your preference then click Share
  7. The recipient will receive an email with a link allowing them to accept the shared calendar
To accept and be able to view / edit a calendar shared with you using Office 365:
  • If the person sharing the calendar started sharing a calendar with you, you’ll receive an email that looks similar to this (see picture)
  • Click the Accept and view calendar button, this will enable you to view / edit the calendar

Viewing and accessing the shared calendar from your mobile device (Outlook app):
  1. Open the Outlook app and sign into the account if you haven’t already
  2. The default page the app opens to is Mail, tap the Calendar icon to switch to calendar view (See first image)
  3. From the calendar view, tap the 3 horizontal lines icon in the top left to access view settings for calendars (See Second Image)
  4. From within the view settings, the shared calendar should be listed, ensure it has a check mark so you can view and access events within it (See Third Image)

That’s it! You should now be able to see the calendar that you shared on your mobile phone. Just as one last note, ALL OF THE STEPS need to be done on Outlook Web App. This is for both the share-ee and the share-er. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to open a ticket with us!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question