Time format hh:nn drops leading zero

Reaction score
In Access 2010, I have a table with a Date/Time data field. Setting the Format property to "hh:nn" or "h:nn" both give me the same results: there are no leading zeros on the time part of the displayed value when the time of day is before 10:00 AM. Interestingly enough, midnight is displayed as "0:00". It appears to have been a problem since at least Access 2007 (see previous thread).

And just to be clear, I'm not talking about the Format() function, nor am I talking about the Input Mask. I'm talking about the display in the field itself (or on a form with a custom "hh:nn" format). It gets weirder if you customize the format further, e.g., "yyyy-mm-ddThh:nn:ss" In that case, when you click on the field to edit it, if it has a single-digit hour, it changes the display to a date/time input (e.g., 5/22/2013 7:59:00 AM). If it has a double-digit hour, it seems to treat it like a text field (e.g., displays 2013-05-13T12:19:00) for editing. And if you throw an Input Mask into the mix it gets really bizzare.

Would anyone happen to have a work around for this problem?

Ask a Question