Trendline problems

K

kolson624

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I plotted an xy scatter plot in excel and had no trouble. But I want to add a trendline and it won't let me. When I click on the "chart" menu, I can see where it says "add trendline", but it isn't an available choice for this graph. Why?

M

Mike Middleton

kolson624 -

First, select the data series. That is, click on one of the data points.
Then, choose Chart > Add Trendline.

(If you have multiple data series on the same chart, this feature allows you
to add a separate trendline to each data series.)

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
I plotted an xy scatter plot in excel and had no trouble. But I want to add
a trendline and it won't let me. When I click on the "chart" menu, I can see
where it says "add trendline", but it isn't an available choice for this
graph. Why?

M

m b

you need to literally "click" on one of the points in the graph, then all points will appear selected, then click Chart menu / Add Trendline

S

stephenhreichard

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I plotted an xy scatter plot in excel and had no trouble. But I want to add a trendline and it won't let me. When I click on the "chart" menu, I can see where it says "add trendline", but it isn't an available choice for this graph. Why?

I think there is a problem that may occur with Excel 2008 for Mac OS X. I can't add a trendline either - and i know how to add a damn trendline. :) This looks software glitch related.

Ask a Question