Unrecognized database format 'S:\xxx.accdb' (Microsoft Jet Database Engine)

Reaction score
I've got an Access 2010 accdb file that is very, very close to the 2GB limit, but when I try to export the data to SQL Server 2008, I'm getting an error, which reads:

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read."

but the app is running fine, as are the queries. I get a similar error when I open a brand new database and try to import any data from any datasource (access, excel, csv).

"It then goes on to state that the wizard you've requested is not installed or is in a bad state". But I just used the repair tool to repair Access 2010.

So when I went to SQL Server 2008 and tried to import the file, there was no accdb file format option in the Data Import wizard. The SQL Server version I am running is:

SQL SMS 10.0.5500.0
MDAC 6.1.7601.17514

When I selected the all files option it gave me the "unrecognized file format error". What's with that, SQL Server 2008 can only import from an mdb file?

Ask a Question