visio viewer not opening in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Visio General' started by dgmoore@erols.com, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I recently downloaded and installed the latest version of Visio
    Viewer, but when I attempt to view a vsd file, IE opens and asks if I
    want to save the vsd file; Visio Viewer does not open.

    I read that viewer may not work correctly if a previous version of
    Visio is installed on the computer: I had Visio 2000 installed at one
    time, but uninstalled it long before downloading the viewer.

    Does anybody have any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Dave
    , Aug 26, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Paul Herber Guest

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 04:42:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    >I recently downloaded and installed the latest version of Visio
    >Viewer, but when I attempt to view a vsd file, IE opens and asks if I
    >want to save the vsd file; Visio Viewer does not open.
    >
    >I read that viewer may not work correctly if a previous version of
    >Visio is installed on the computer: I had Visio 2000 installed at one
    >time, but uninstalled it long before downloading the viewer.


    Find a .vsd file, right-click menu "Open With"
    and select the Visio viewer.
    (Just a guess as I don't have a suitable setup to try it)


    --
    Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
    Visio Most Recent Stencils http://www.visio-recent-stencils.sandrila.co.uk/
    Paul Herber, Aug 26, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    On Aug 26, 9:34 am, Paul Herber
    <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 04:42:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    > >I recently downloaded and installed the latest version of Visio
    > >Viewer, but when I attempt to view a vsd file, IE opens and asks if I
    > >want to save the vsd file; Visio Viewer does not open.

    >
    > >I read that viewer may not work correctly if a previous version of
    > >Visio is installed on the computer: I had Visio 2000 installed at one
    > >time, but uninstalled it long before downloading the viewer.

    >
    > Find a .vsd file, right-click menu "Open With"
    > and select the Visio viewer.
    > (Just a guess as I don't have a suitable setup to try it)
    >
    > --
    > Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
    > Visio Most Recent Stencils  http://www.visio-recent-stencils.sandrila.co.uk/


    Paul,
    When I right-click the file, the menu does not include Visio viewer as
    a choice.

    Thanks
    Dave
    , Aug 26, 2008
    #3
  4. James W. Guest

    Might it give Internet Explorer as an option, the Visio Viewer is an add-on
    that works with IE. Visio 2000 although you have uninstalled could have
    registry entrees and still own the file extension. For example Visio 2007
    would most likely detect the leftover files from 2000 and ask if you want to
    remove it before installing.

    James W.


    "" wrote:

    > On Aug 26, 9:34 am, Paul Herber
    > <> wrote:
    > > On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 04:42:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    > > >I recently downloaded and installed the latest version of Visio
    > > >Viewer, but when I attempt to view a vsd file, IE opens and asks if I
    > > >want to save the vsd file; Visio Viewer does not open.

    > >
    > > >I read that viewer may not work correctly if a previous version of
    > > >Visio is installed on the computer: I had Visio 2000 installed at one
    > > >time, but uninstalled it long before downloading the viewer.

    > >
    > > Find a .vsd file, right-click menu "Open With"
    > > and select the Visio viewer.
    > > (Just a guess as I don't have a suitable setup to try it)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
    > > Visio Most Recent Stencils http://www.visio-recent-stencils.sandrila.co.uk/

    >
    > Paul,
    > When I right-click the file, the menu does not include Visio viewer as
    > a choice.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dave
    >
    James W., Aug 27, 2008
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Amedee Van Gasse
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    752
    RayKareer
    Aug 14, 2007
  2. Replies:
    11
    Views:
    453
  3. cardijo
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    101
    John Vinson
    Sep 19, 2004
  4. Shivonne

    Visio Viewer and Internet Explorer

    Shivonne, Jul 2, 2008, in forum: Visio Developers
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    86
    David Parker
    Jul 3, 2008
  5. puzzled mark

    uninstalling internet explorer 97 and intalling internet explorer

    puzzled mark, Jul 3, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Office Setup
    Replies:
    56
    Views:
    209
    default
    Jul 10, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page