Want to have macro execute automatically when doc created

Reaction score
I am working on an IBM Doors script which creates a document from a .dot file with some special codes to tell Word to do certain things. At this time, when we run the script and write the file to Word, we get the Security Notice about macros being disabled. However, we would like to automate this process so that users may create multiple different documents at once but, for security reasons, we don't want to enable all macros, just the ones for this document. Another issue is that the folder used may not be the same all the time. We update the folder names as each version is sent out, so adding the folder as a trusted location doesn't work in our case. Does anyone know of a way to allow the macros to run without user interaction every time a document is created?

Reaction score
The problem is that this Word file is zipped up within a set of folders for other people to use. I can set up my folder to be a trusted location, but the people who primarily use it don't want to have to set up their own trusted location. (I know it's stupid, but our users just want to run the program without having to do anything every time we send out an updated version.) I understand the reasoning behind having the message, but I'm trying to create a Java program that will generate any number of documents at one time which then open each and use the macro to add some special formatting to the document that DOORS can't do.

Last edited:

Ask a Question