Word doc won't center at 100%

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for creating this forum. I hope it will help me as I've been searching for a solution for almost a month now. I'm using Office 2010.

I believe this is due to a MS Office update, as this was NOT happening a month ago. I also think it may be due to that I no longer see the nav pane on the left. I saw it once the other day & the problem disappeared. I tried to find the solution making sure the pane stays put, but nothing I searched came up with an answer.

I open files already created or even create new ones, & the page layout is all wrong. I can't get it to center in the middle (it goes flush left) if it's at 100%. It will center it if the zoom is reduced to 77%.

It also no longer puts every page after the first page vertically below. Now all the pages are side by side 2x2.

And no, clicking on "one page" under view does nothing to fix the problem other than lower the zoom to 77%, then yes, I get it in the middle & the pages vertically, but then I can't read what's there. In fact under view nothing is even highlighted to show me it's not on one page.

This is driving me insane & I can't work well.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Sounds like you are viewing your files in Draft mode rather than Print Layout. The Find command opens the "nav pane."

Reaction score
Nope, it's in print layout.

Ok good, the find did open the nav which then pushed the display to the center, but before the nav pane was always static. Why is it no longer static?

I'm telling you it has to have been a MS update that did this.

Ask a Question