Excel doesn't filter entire list.

Reaction score
I posted yesterday and realized today that I had not isolated the problem correctly I am closer to figuring out my problem. So I am going to ask again.

I am filtering a mailing list of 4709 addresses. I selected a cell in the column that I want to filter, went to data and then filter. I clicked custom filter and gave a city I wanted it to filter by. It only filtered the fist 3483 entries on the list. Then it left a blank line and the entries up to 4709 were unfiltered. Why is it doing this? How can I get it to filter the whole list?

I have done the same thing in other excel documents that were mailing lists and it filters the whole list.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Reaction score
Is there a gap at that point in your data? If there is a blank line in the list you are filtering it won't filter anything after that gap.

This might not be the cause of your specific issue, but it is one situation where what you are describing happens.

Ask a Question