how do I reduce an A4 publication down to size A5?


P

Phil Brown

I have created a flyer as an A4 publication. I now want to produce an A5
version of the same publication for use as an advert. Is there a way to
either:

a) automatically reduce the sizes of all the objects so the overall
publication is reduced to A5?

or

b) Keep the publication as it is, but get it to print out at 50% of its
original size so it fits to an A5 sheet?

Thanks

Phil
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Phil

You send it to print with the printer set for A5 sheets.. use the 'fit to
page' function of your printer setup..
 
E

Ed Bennett

Phil Brown said:
b) Keep the publication as it is, but get it to print out at 50% of
its original size so it fits to an A5 sheet?

If your printer does not have a fit to sheet button, you can use PrimoPDF
from www.primopdf.com to print a PDF file and then tell Adobe Reader to
resize it to fit the printer margins.
 
M

Morisot

Hi -

If your printer doesn't offer print-to-fit, and you
don't want to fiddle with a PDF, try this:

Select all. Copy. Paste special = as picture.

Grab a corner and squish it. Results vary. A lot
depends upon the fonts - some don't react very well
to manipulation. But, depending upon the purpose,
this may serve as a satisfactory quick-fix.

M.
 
B

Buzy

but just a shame that we can't do the obvious one - that is have a function
in Publisher that rescales the document if you re-size the paper!

JoAnn Paules said:
Isn't it great how there are many solutions to do the same thing? :)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



Morisot said:
Hi -

If your printer doesn't offer print-to-fit, and you
don't want to fiddle with a PDF, try this:

Select all. Copy. Paste special = as picture.

Grab a corner and squish it. Results vary. A lot
depends upon the fonts - some don't react very well
to manipulation. But, depending upon the purpose,
this may serve as a satisfactory quick-fix.

M.
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

JoAnn Paules

Wouldn't work. How would you account for the different ratios?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"



Buzy said:
but just a shame that we can't do the obvious one - that is have a
function
in Publisher that rescales the document if you re-size the paper!

JoAnn Paules said:
Isn't it great how there are many solutions to do the same thing? :)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



Morisot said:
Hi -

If your printer doesn't offer print-to-fit, and you
don't want to fiddle with a PDF, try this:

Select all. Copy. Paste special = as picture.

Grab a corner and squish it. Results vary. A lot
depends upon the fonts - some don't react very well
to manipulation. But, depending upon the purpose,
this may serve as a satisfactory quick-fix.

M.

:

I have created a flyer as an A4 publication. I now want to produce an
A5
version of the same publication for use as an advert. Is there a way
to
either:

a) automatically reduce the sizes of all the objects so the overall
publication is reduced to A5?

or

b) Keep the publication as it is, but get it to print out at 50% of
its
original size so it fits to an A5 sheet?

Thanks

Phil
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top