How to find and replace text in a document with changing variables

B

brian.flynn3

I am trying to figure out a way to remove all of the "Figure" references from this study guide that I have prepared for my class. Here is an example:

Click cell E3. This completes the formula that will calculate the percent change of last year’s actual spent dollars versus this year’s budgeted spend dollar (see Figure 2.6).

Throughout the document I have multiple references that state: (see Figure 1.1), (see Figure 2.3),etc.

The figure reference goes up to ~ 3.5

I was trying to use MS Word's Find and replace but it has become a hassle and is extremely time consuming. Perhaps someone can help me understand a better way to find and replace items that would look something like this:

"see Figure *insert number variable* )."

Perhaps I can use a Macro? I don't know how to do this, but would appreciate any help if possible. Thanks in advance.

B

brian.flynn3

I am trying to figure out a way to remove all of the "Figure" references from this study guide that I have prepared for my class. Here is an example:

Click cell E3. This completes the formula that will calculate the percent change of last year’s actual spent dollars versus this year’s budgeted spend dollar (see Figure 2.6).

Throughout the document I have multiple references that state: (see Figure 1.1), (see Figure 2.3),etc.

The figure reference goes up to ~ 3.5

I was trying to use MS Word's Find and replace but it has become a hassleand is extremely time consuming. Perhaps someone can help me understand abetter way to find and replace items that would look something like this:

"see Figure *insert number variable* )."

Perhaps I can use a Macro? I don't know how to do this, but would appreciate any help if possible. Thanks in advance.

I failed to mention, that I want to delete these references entirely. So I could easily replace them with a '.'

P

Peter T. Daniels

Are all these references inserted as Cross References, or are they simply typed?

Ask a Question