Incorrect Finish Date Computed

Reaction score
I have an Task ("Initial Planning") with several tasks underneath it. The start date for the 1st sub-task, "Receipt of Task", is entered via the calendar. All other sub-tasks depend on this start date. Subtasks are given a duration to compute the finish date.

When I look at the Task Start and Finish dates, the start date is the date entered for the 1st sub-task. As it should be. However, the Finish date os 7 weeks later than the latest finish of any of the sub tasks (or their further subordinate tasks).

Any ideas why this is happening? Therre are no conflicts that I can see, wither looking at the entered task data or at the Gantt chart it generates.

Thank you for your assistance.

Jim

Reaction score
If I understand what you're saying I have the same issue. It calculates my sub-tasks to be completed by 'x' date then the task which the sub-tasks fall under to be completed with a much longer duration than the sub-tasks. Even if I use 'preceding' tasks and correct resource allocation. :confused:

Ask a Question