Level resource allocation error

Discussion in 'Project' started by kimscheffer, Mar 21, 2017.

1. kimscheffer

kimscheffer

Hi All,

I keep having the same problem with MS Project and I was wondering if you could help?

I'm not able to resolve the resource allocation error/ notification while levelling and thus not able to reseolve the over-allocation of the resource. Somehow MS. Project is planning more than my daily 8 hrs on certain days. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I checked a previous related post but could not solve the problem... Hope you can help :)

My project:

• I'm the only resource (so far) with Max Units of 75% (want to keep 25% as a buffer)
    • I have set the working hours at 40hrs per week, 8hrs per day (under options)
    • I have used the standard calendar and filled in my working time
    • There are tasks with a constraint type as I want some only to occur on a specific date (e.g. re-current meetings). These are not linked to the critical path
    • I have set no priorities
    • I have allocated 25% Units per task as I want to gradually complete the task.
    • "Type" used is fixed work
    • All tasks are auto scheduled

For levelling I have tried:

• Level calculations automatic and manual
    • Levelling options day by day and week by week
    • All the levelling orders except for "level manually scheduled tasks"

Is there something I should or should not do?

Appreciate your help! Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Kim

kimscheffer, Mar 21, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. kimscheffer

Jonathan Law

hard to say without seeing the project data. you can see which tasks are causing the over allocation by looking at the view resource usage or task usage displays. I suspect it is your tasks with constraint dates that are causing the problem.

Jonathan Law, Apr 12, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question