Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

J

jjloriz

If styles change when you (re-)open a document, you need to do the following: In the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, clear the option to "Automatically update document styles." To display the dialog box: First display theDeveloper tab on the ribbon by selecting it at File tab | Options | Customize Ribbon. Then, on the Developer tab, click Document Template. (These instructions apply to Word 2010 and 2013.) -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... > I have found a partial remedy to the lost styles problem, which is: I have > defined my styles as a "quick style set". Each time I re-open the > document, the styles are reverted to some default, but by applying my > quick style set I can regain my styles. Still, it isannoying that I have > to do it each and every time I open the document. Isn't there any > possibility to cause the style definitions to stay? (Preferably one that > does not involve templates...) > > Den onsdag den 12. februar 2014 14.51.28 UTC+2 skrev Lisa Wilke-Thissen: >> Hi, >> >> >> >> > You may be interested to know I did explicitly change the font colour >> >> > setting for style A, >> >> > but then the error would occur on reopening thedocument (so there is a >> >> > "bug" somewhere) >> >> >> >> you did not change the Design, you did not change the Styles Set? Did you >> >> modify acharacter style, a paragraph style, or a linked style? You just >> >> modified this one style, you did not modify the basis style? >> >> >> >> Click into the formatted text and press SHIFT + F1. In the "Reveal >> >> Formatting" pane enable "Distinguish style source". Then, which >> information >> >> does the pane show for your text? >> >> >> >> When opening the document by "Open and Repair": Does any error message >> >> occur? >> >> >> >> Your also can send me the document for analysing. >> >> >> >> -- >> >> Cheers, >>>> Lisa >

I've implemented all of the suggestions mentioned in this thread. I've been able to correct the 0.25 Left Indent added to some table cells when re-opening the document. But I'm unable to resolve the 0.25 Hanging Indent added to some table cells. I can't simply reapply the style because the table cell content has additional formatting that is unique to the cell. Reapplying the style causes everything within the cell to assume the style definition properties.

J

jjloriz

I've implemented all of the suggestions mentioned in this thread. I've been able to correct the 0.25 Left Indent added to some table cells when re-opening the document. But I'm unable to resolve the 0.25 Hanging Indent added to some table cells. I can't simply reapply the style because the table cell content has additional formatting that is unique to the cell. Reapplying the style causes everything within the cell to assume the style definition properties.

N

njmarr

I am successfully making changes to a style in Word 2010. When I reopen the document (after saving and closing), the changes are no longer there. Any suggestions?

I am having this issue with the reddish cell shading of the Austere footer that I am using. I have to open a new document, place the footer there, cutit, paste it into my document (If I just place it in my document, I lose the red cell completely). I save it. The next day I open the file, and poof,the red cell shading is gone. When I select the cell and change the shading through Borders and Shading, it does nothing. When I go into Borders and Shading a second time, it didn't even hold the formatting I changed it to the first time. What the heck is going on? Little things like this make me feel inept and like an idiot at using a program I'm quite familiar with!

L

Lisa Wilke-Thissen

Hi,

[Word 2010, Windows 7]
I am having this issue with the reddish cell shading of the Austere footer
that I am using.
I have to open a new document, place the footer there, cut it, paste it
into my document (If I just place it in my document, I lose the red cell
completely).
I save it. The next day I open the file, and poof, the red cell shading is
gone.

please, can you send me the document?
If it seems to be a bug, I can send a report to Microsoft. If it is *not* a
bug, maybe I find the cause and a solution.

B

benamram.amir

Have just tried it and it works. (It is possible to reach the necessary option
without messing with the ribbon, via File > options > add-ins > manage > templates).
Thank you!

Den lørdag den 15. februar 2014 20.47.58 UTC+2 skrev Stefan Blom:

S

Stefan Blom

For an even more convenient way you can add the Document Template button to
the Quick Access Toolbar.

Ask a Question