Microsoft Account Query

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently decided to close my Microsoft Account which will take 30 days from yesterday to close, as I don't need this account any longer.

As I use a laptop, this is the only device linked to the account and forgot to unlink it.
Due to writing the password down, one of the digits is not clear and I can't log back into the account.

Hence my laptop is now running on a local account.

As the laptop is still linked to the Microsoft Account, can I still access documents or information from the Microsoft account ?

When the account gets deleted in 30 days time, will I loose any information on my laptop if this is still linked?

Apologies for the questions but just needed some help.

Reaction score
Hey there,
I am happy to help you regarding your query. So basically if your laptop is still connected to your Microsoft Account, you should still be able to access any files or documents saved directly on your computer. But once your Microsoft Account is deleted in 30 days, you won't be able to get to any cloud-based stuff associated with it. You shouldn't lose any info stored on your laptop when the account gets deleted. Your laptop will just switch to using a local account instead.