Outlook 2007 -to- Outlook 2010?

C

charliec

I'm in the process of planning my acquisition of a new computer and am detailing steps I
need to take to move my applications from my current computer to the new one. I currently
have a Dell Dim 8300 with WinXP SP3. I will probably be moving to a new Dell with Win7,
etc.

I currently have Microsoft Office 2007 on my current computer and will probably upgrade to
Office 2010 on the new one. In detailing my plans for the transition, my questions are:

- I have a great many Contacts in Outlook 2007 and will need to move them to Outlook 2010.
I looked at the Import/Export under File in Outlook 2007, but it is a bit confusing. So,
what would be the most effective way to move my contacts from 2007 to 2010?

- Also, I make a lot of use of Calendar in 2007. What would be the most effective way to
move my all my current and future reminders currently in Calendar to 2010 from 2007?

As I said, I am developing a transition list for all my current applications to the new
computer, and would appreciate any insights/suggestions any of you can provide to help me
in this process for this area.

Thanks
charliec

Ask a Question