ProjectPro 2007, W7 64bit - msvcr80.dll issue but able to start after searching winproj

Discussion in 'Project' started by Jarek, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Jarek

Jarek

Hi,

I've searched many sites for this problem and haven't found solution that works.

I had laptop migration (old and new were on W7 64bit) and now on new laptop I cannot start normally MS Project Professional 2007 (it's with SP1). The error I'm getting is missing MSVCR80.dll.
    The strange thing is that this will show if program is started from Menu Start or directly winproj.exe from directory (c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\).
    However in W7 if I'll use "Search program and files" in Menu Start and type "winproj" then winproj.exe will be shown and clicking it will start Project without any issues.
    This workaround can be used of course for some time but if it will stop running then I won't be able to start program.

I've tried:
    - updating/installing MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
    - reinstallation of MS Project several times
    - adding different versions of msvcr80.dll to directory with winproj and to c:\Windows\System32 - depending on the version of dll file I could get 0xc000007b error or simply no error but program was not starting
    - copying all office executables from old laptop (I still have access to it)
    - sfc /scannow
    - running Microsoft Office Diagnostics tool
    - verified that there are no strange addons in registry for Project (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\MS Project\Addins)

All above hasn't solved the problem.

I remember that I had this problem 2-3 years ago when I was migrated from XP to W7. However at that time Microsoft Office Diagnostic tool solved the issue and I was able to run the program - currently this doesn't work for me on this new laptop.

Do you have some other suggestions for this problem?

Thanks and regards,
    Jarek

Jarek, Oct 2, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Jarek

Jarek

My laptop was reinstalled and Project installed on clean W7 works.
    After my data was migrated (including registry entries and serwer configuration for Project) it still works so it seems that the problem can be in the Windows but looks like nobody knows the solution for it.

Regards,
    Jarek

Jarek, Oct 8, 2015
    1. Advertisements