Pulling a specific email from cells and putting info in new row

C

chrisrbailey85

So I do alot of work with excel spreadsheets, and cant figure out how to dothis. basically I have a cell that will have an email chain with response.. So the cell will have multiple email addresses in it when i export all of the email responses into a CSV file from outlook, but I just want to extract the ones at the very end of the cell that have the "unsubscribe" in front of them so it looks like this below.

"<mailto:[email protected]?subject=Unsubscribe%[email protected]> "

would it be possible to do a search and just pull the last part after "unsubscribe" and put it into the cell next to it? Just a generic email pull wont work because i just need the last one, otherwise it will pull our email address and other ones I dont need.

I do alot of these and it would help the entire operation a whole lot

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Thu, 7 Mar 2013 10:58:40 -0800 (PST) schrieb
(e-mail address removed):
So I do alot of work with excel spreadsheets, and cant figure out how to do this. basically I have a cell that will have an email chain with response. So the cell will have multiple email addresses in it when i export all of the email responses into a CSV file from outlook, but I just want to extract the ones at the very end of the cell that have the "unsubscribe" in front of them so it looks like this below.

"<mailto:[email protected]?subject=Unsubscribe%[email protected]> "

would it be possible to do a search and just pull the last part after "unsubscribe" and put it into the cell next to it? Just a generic email pull wont work because i just need the last one, otherwise it will pull our email address and other ones I dont need.

your string in A1. Then try:
=SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,FIND("Unsubscribe",A1)+12,99),">",)

Regards
Claus Busch

C

chrisrbailey85

Hi,

Am Thu, 7 Mar 2013 10:58:40 -0800 (PST) schrieb

your string in A1. Then try:

=SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,FIND("Unsubscribe",A1)+12,99),">",)

Regards

Claus Busch

--

Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2

Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Tried this with the cell being A1 and it just returned with an error :/

C

chrisrbailey85

Update:

I found something that works, so I can get the cells down to just this

"Unsubscribe%[email protected]> XXXXX | Xxxxxxxxx"

Is there a code that will Remove everything but the email? Or at least something to get it as close to just the email as possible?

C

Claus Busch

Hi Chris,

Am Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:27:29 -0800 (PST) schrieb
"Unsubscribe%[email protected]> XXXXX | Xxxxxxxxx"

Step1
select the column => Data => TextToColumns => Delimited" => Delimiter =
Other = 0 => Column with "Unsubscribe..." skip (do not import column)
Step2
select the column => Data => TextToColumns => Delimited" => Delimiter =
Other = ">" => Column with "> XXX..." skip (do not import column)

Regards
Claus Busch

Ask a Question