Selecting and moving pictures

Reaction score
I can't move a picture. It keeps bouncing back to the position it was in.

Also, when clicking on pictures and text, I keep getting a popup menu instead of just being able to select it.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
When you click on a picture, the 'Picture Tools' contextual ribbon should appear. If you click on the 'Wrap text' button, that will tell you whether the picture is formatted in-line or with some other wrap format. You should be able to position the picture pretty much wherever you want with anything other than in-line - which you can change to, say, square. Clicking on the 'Position' button gives you a range of pre-set positioning choices; otherwise, you should be able to drag any non-in-line image around or use the 'more layout options' choice from the 'Position' button to position the picture where you'd like it.

Reaction score
I can't move a picture. It keeps bouncing back to the position it was in.

Also, when clicking on pictures and text, I keep getting a popup menu instead of just being able to select it.
Personally i like the "square" wrapping the best - seems the easiest most flexible one to use and allows u you to move ur pics around easily!

Reaction score
I managed to free up the postiitoning by using the "through" wrapping option. I knew about that and had used it on some of the pics already but I used it for the ones I had trouble with and it worked.

Ask a Question