Show non-working time in resource usage view

Reaction score
Hi,

I must be missing something here. Using Project 2003 I cannot seem to show non-working time in the resource usage view. I have added vacation days for my resources but cannot get them to show up in resource usage view.

I use Project to schedule service calls and use the resource view to look for "blanks" is my guys schedules. It would be great to be able to see planned vacation.

Can anyone help me out ??

Reaction score
Non working time in Resource Usage

Hi,

You can show the non-working time for one calendar at a time in the Resource Usage view like so:

1 - Right-click the timescale at the top of the Resource Usage chart
2 - Choose Timescale...
3 - Click the Non-working time tab
4 - From the Calendar drop down list choose the the calendar for the resource you want to see.
5 - Click OK

It's a bit annoying that you can only see one calendar at a time. If you wanted to see information in the table you could always choose to show the remaining availability for each resource. To do this:

1 - Right-click in the yellow area of the Resource Usage chart.
2 - From the list choose to view Remaining Availability (if you can't see this option choose Detail Styles and select the field from the dialog box).

You should now be able to see the remaining hours of work time for each resource, with blank cells where they have non-working time.

Hope it helps.

wiseowl.co.uk

Ask a Question