Task types in MS Project 2007 does not act as in program help

Reaction score
Dear Sir

Task types in MS Project 2007 does not act as in program help.

Case one:

For a fixed units task of 4 days duration, 8 hours/day, using only one work resource R1 at 50% units to perform work of 16 hours and not effort driven task, if I add a work resource R2 to this task at 50% units, program recalculates work to 32 hours [(50% + 50%) x 4days x 8h/d] and suggests another option by a temporary indicator that, to fix work and recalculate duration.

In program help it is mentioned in a table clearly (In a, Fixed units task, If you revise units, Duration is recalculated).

Case two:

For a fixed work task of 4 days duration, 8 hours/day, using only one work resource R1 at 50% units to perform work of 16 hours and effort driven task, if I increase duration to 6 days, program fixes unit at 4 days, recalculates work to 24 [50% x 6days x 8h/d] and suggests another option by a temporary indicator that, to fix work and recalculate units.

In program help it is mentioned in a table clearly (In a, Fixed work task, If you revise duration, Units are recalculated).

I am confused.
I am sharing my MS project knowledge and I am keen to give everything in compliance with program help.
These two cases are not in compliance with program help; at least for me.
What is my mistake?
Please lead me?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dear All

A friend revised my file, found that my task type in case 2 is fixed unit not fixed work as I mentioned.
This was my mistake in case 2.

But my inquiry about case 1 still stand without reply.

Any help please !!!

Ask a Question