VERY URGENT!!!

• Thread starter David Schenkler
  • Start date
D

David Schenkler

I am extremely new to VBA, but I have been seeing other people's Macros andlearning, but not much.

I am having a huge problem. I am working with a Requirements Tool that stores all requirement data within itself. In order to export the data into a Word document I needed to create a template that would extract the data and merge it into the Word document correctly.

With the screen data, I already have a very good template that has very good macros that customize the final document even more. This Macro and template works wonderfully for one screen, but not two or more. Once another screen is added to the report it merges all of the data together instead of allowing the data to go to their separate screens.

Each screen has Commands, Actions, Variants, Wireframes, Notes, Navigationsand Fields sections.

I have done much research on this, including contacting the Tool's company to see if there is a way to write the template so that this merge of data does not do this, for which the answer I got was yes, but I would have to copy the template down over and over again in the word document, and be specific for which screens I want.I do not want to do this, because I may want areport of only one screen or I may want a report of fifty screens.

That's where whoever can help me comes in. I have the belief that Macros can do anything, but I do not know. Does anyone know a way of helping me on this one?

Thank you so much in advance! You are a life-saver!
David Schenkler

D

David Schenkler

I am extremely new to VBA, but I have been seeing other people's Macros and learning, but not much.

I am having a huge problem. I am working with a Requirements Tool that stores all requirement data within itself. In order to export the data into aWord document I needed to create a template that would extract the data and merge it into the Word document correctly.

With the screen data, I already have a very good template that has very good macros that customize the final document even more. This Macro and template works wonderfully for one screen, but not two or more. Once another screen is added to the report it merges all of the data together instead of allowing the data to go to their separate screens.

Each screen has Commands, Actions, Variants, Wireframes, Notes, Navigations and Fields sections.

I have done much research on this, including contacting the Tool's company to see if there is a way to write the template so that this merge of datadoes not do this, for which the answer I got was yes, but I would have to copy the template down over and over again in the word document, and be specific for which screens I want.I do not want to do this, because I may wanta report of only one screen or I may want a report of fifty screens.

That's where whoever can help me comes in. I have the belief that Macros can do anything, but I do not know. Does anyone know a way of helping me onthis one?

Thank you so much in advance! You are a life-saver!

David Schenkler

Basically, what I want the Macros to do the following:
1) Since the template will create the document on many screens anyway, I want the Macros to take the document and separate the screens. Meaning, if I have SCRN-1 and SCRN-2, and I have rich-text, tables, and pictures throughout the document sections pertaining to the both screens, but they were merged together, the Macros will separate all of the information from both screens. This will create a long document with all of the sections of SCRN-1 together, while separately having all of the sections of SCRN-2 together.

Thank you,
David Schenkler

Ask a Question