BUG (ENTOURAGE 2008): Invite Attendees doesn't work on imported .vcs events

T

tilenius

I often schedule things online (e.g., OpenTable reservations, airline tickets, etc.) and when I do I find it easiest to just import the .vcs file that site provides to add the appointment to my Entourage 2008 calendar.

However, when I import the .vcs file, for some reason I can open, modify, and save it, but I cannot "Invite Attendees".

For example, and so you can replicate this, I just scheduled a reservation at OpenTable.com, then I clicked the "Export to Outlook" button on that site. I told my Mac to open the resulting .vcs file that downloaded into Entourage 2008 (instead of iCal). It popped onto my calendar just fine!

Now I wanted to invite my wife, as we're having dinner together. (She uses Outlook and we get our schedules in sync by inviting each other to whatever we have scheduled -- works well normally!) However, the "Invite" icon is dimmed and I cannot click on it.

HELP! It seems like a little bug, but it's a royal pain as I now need to completely re-enter the data into a new appointment to invite her.

If this is a design decision, it's dead-wrong. After all, I can modify all the other aspects of that appointment, why not be able to invite folks??

I assume it's a bug and hope whomever from MSFT is here reading this can log it and put it on the list of bugs to be squashed.

Thanks, and hope my reporting this bug helps! (If anyone knows a workaround short of creating a new appointment and painfully copying and pasting the data over, please let me know, too.)

Ask a Question