Calendar control in Word 2003

J

johnnykunst

I'm making a form which uses the calendar control 11.0 in Word 2003. I've managed to do so using
www. fontstuff.com/word/wordtut03a.ht

This works fine on my form. However, the form is to be used at work, on a network (some staff use Citrix, some use PC's). I had to install the calendar control on my PC as described in the link. Only when I am logged on is the calendar useable- I'm assuming other users may have to have it installed, but the trouble is that we are a small department withing a large sector, so, is there any way around this as I doubt my chances at getting the control added for other staff.

J

johnnykunst

Sorry, I say installed on other for other users; the calendar control just has to be 'switched on' as it is installed with the sections installation of word, but it's not visible on the quick access tool bar.

G

Graham Mayor

If the OCX file that provides the calendar is not installed, then you are
not going to see the calendar. You can download it from my web page -
http://www.gmayor.com/popup_calendar.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

J

johnnykunst

Thanks Graham
the calendar already works fine on my form, but other users aren't able to see the calendar as the control isn't selected on their macines.

G

Graham Mayor

The ball is then in their court :)

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

J

johnnykunst

Unfortunately most users of the form wouldn't have a clue how to do it, and as staff use different computers, even if I was to manually select the calendar control on their computers, they may be using one that isn't their usual one when inputting on the form
Is there any other way to control how a user inputs a date in a form field? I need to enforce inputting of the date in a uniform way ie: 24-05-2010 formatted to display Monday 24-05-2010. I'm using Word 2003 at work, so am a bit more limited.

G

Graham Mayor

You might have more success with the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control
6.0 installed with Windows\System32\MSCOMCT2.OCX which is more likely to be
installed by default and which you can add to the vba controls toolbox and
from there to your form. It is coded in much the same way but is somewhat
simpler (and less elegant) to use. If that is not possible then you are
going to have to set the formfield as a date type and set an input mask to
give you the layout you require - there is however still some scope for
erroneous entries.

--