Can't find email folders after archive retrieval

B

btr

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

Help, please. I had to completely reinstall Snow Leopard to solve crash issues with MS Office (it worked, BTW), and when I imported my Entourage archive data from my Time Machine backup drive (external), it worked like a charm for my address book and calendar. BUT ... I can't find the email folders that I had, over time, created down the left-hand portion of the Inbox. I had one folder for each project, and after reading each email I received, I moved it to the appropriate folder (thus keeping my IMAP storage volume low). I think the emails themselves are on the rebuild system after the archive, as I used spotlight to locate them, but they all appear to be individual files, not folders. I can't imagine how hard it would be to re-create the folders and individually examine and move 1200 email messages to the right folders. Help! I'm really hoping there's an easy solution to this. Thanks for any assistance.

B

btr

Thanks a lot for the help! I got all the folders organized like before. Any advice on how to delete the red "junk email" folder from the "On my computer" area? My junk messages go into the "junk email" folder in my IMAP account area, so I don't need 2, but I can't find any way to delete the extra one.

D

Diane Ross

hanks a lot for the help! I got all the folders organized like before. Any
advice on how to delete the red "junk email" folder from the "On my computer"
area? My junk messages go into the "junk email" folder in my IMAP account
area, so I don't need 2, but I can't find any way to delete the extra one.

There are some default folders that cannot be deleted.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/get_started/folders.html>

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/inbox.html>

At least with Entourage 2008, the default account shows on top rather than
folders "On My Computer" always being on top in previous versions.

Ask a Question