choosing appearance to always launch

C

creevs

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I want to control the appearance of Power Point when it launches, and I cannot seem to do that in a few capacities.

I want to open with the Formatting Palette showing, and the Normal View pane sized to a dimension that does not overlap with the Formatting Palette, so I can see it.

But every time I launch PowerPoint, regardless of whether it's the app itself, or a Saved presentation, I have to manually resize the Pane, and manually open the Formatting Palette. Annoying! I'm sure there must be a way to automate that.

Additionally, I want a certain set of Toolbars to display, every time I open. One of them is an Add-In. It does not appear when I launch (again regardless of just launching the app or opening a Saved .ppt).

When I go to the View > Toolbars menu, this Add-In is checked as if it is open. I have to uncheck it, then recheck it to get it to appear. When it appears, it is "docked" on top of the Standard Toolbar and I have to move it away from that position to be able to see the Standard Toolbar. I bet the Add-In truly is open when I first launch PowerPoint, but it is "behind" the Standard Toolbar.

How can I customize my launch?

Thanks!

KC

M

Michel Bintener

Hi KC,

the default setup should be configurable via VBA macro. Perhaps some of
the VBA experts in here can give you some advice.

As for the Add-In toolbar: make sure the Standard toolbar is docked. To
do that. click on the grey border on the left side and move it to the
top left corner until it snaps into place. Once you've done that, the
Add-In toolbar should not appear underneath the Standard toolbar anymore.

C

creevs

Hi Michel -

That fixed the Toolbar situation - I thought the Standard Toolbar was docked there, but I guess not.

Thanks for your help with that part.

KC

Ask a Question