Clip art

D

DigitalChick

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi! I just upgraded to Office 2008 yesterday. Up until then, I was using Office 2004. In the 2004 version, I was easily able to download new art from the MS clip art website. I could then find it and open it using Illustrator or Photoshop to change it as needed. However, in 2008 I can't find the downloaded files! I see them in the Clip Art Gallery, but I can't find the actual physical files. Does anyone know where those are? Thank you.

C

CyberTaz

Most likely you'll find them in:

Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Media/Clipart/Personal

Or one of the other folders within the Clipart folder.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

D

DigitalChick

That's the thing... there is no "personal" folder in the Clipart folder, as there used to be in the 2004 version. That's what is so perplexing. I see the files I've downloaded in the Clip Art Gallery... so I know there are somewhere. I see what the file is called using the Get Info feature. But when I do a search of my whole computer... it's not there.

C

CyberTaz

Then there's another possibility due to your previous install of 2004 (I
believe). Take a look for:

UserName/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/Clipart

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question