Color inconsistency in PowerPoint 2008

H

Holger_Gerhardt

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

When I apply a color to a geometrical object or the background of a slide, this color is not displayed identically to the very same color being applied to text.

For instance, when I apply a 50% red (RGB = 128/0/0) to the background of a slide, create a text frame on top of it and color the text in it in 50% red (RGB = 128/0/0) as well, the text is displayed darker than the background. (The difference disappears when saving the presentation as a PDF file and viewing the PDF file.)

How is this possible?

To make matters worse, I face the same issue when importing images, which makes it extremely annoying: Since one and the same RGB value is displayed differently by PowerPoint depending on whether it shows up in the image or in the slide's background, it is nearly impossible to match the background color of an imported image to the background color of a slide.

Is there any solution to this issue?

Many thanks and best regards,

Holger

Ask a Question