Combining three files when middle file has sections with endnotes

Reaction score
I am preparing a book for submission to a publisher. It's now divided into three files: front matter, the text, and end matter. I wish to combine these files into one file. I know how to do this but the problem seems to have something to do with the endnotes that follow most of the chapters in the middle file, the text. I should add that each of the chapters in this text file is separated by a continuous section breaks. It's quite a long book, and I would prefer to keep white space to a minimum.

The problem is that when I combine these three files, the endnotes separate from their respective chapters and sink to the bottom of the entire combined document. Question: Is there an easy way to prevent these endnotes from escaping their individual chapters? It would take me forever to rewrite those endnotes, one by one, after stripping them all from the text file and combining the three files before inserting them back. Thanks. -- George

Ask a Question