Configure entourage 2008 when OWA ispublished by an ISA 2006 server

T

tienlamnguyen

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hello there,

We have an exchange 2007 sp1 environment ad we use ISA 2006 to publish OWA.

Recently, I got a request from 30 mac users asking for a connection to exchange using their mac computers. OK fine I said, just fire up safari and go to our corporate OWA site (owa.mycompanyname.com/) nothing need to be done.

But they complaint that they can only use the light version of OWA. So I need to configure entourage 2008 for them.

I followed the instructions to set up exchange account in entourage and under the exchange server entry I only need to put my OWA URL and everything should work.

well..... everything is not working. Entourage does not seem to recognize my OWA URL, but safari could.

THe funny thing is I disable ISA 2006 and direct the connection directly to my CAS/hub server my OWA URL is recognized by entourage 2008.

By doing this test it is telling me that ISA 2006 is somehow unable to do preauthentication when a mac computer is involved

Does anyone knows if entourage 2008 current version works when OWA is published by ISA 2006? Is ISA publishing rules needs to be changed somehow?

Maybe someone with ISA 2006/exchange2007/entourage expertise can help me.

LAM

P

Pawan Kapoor

As you are configuring Entourage with Exchange 2007 make sure that you
should not use /owa in the exchange server field in Entourage. Either use
just the OWA URL without the /owa or use explicit OWA URL like what
mentioned here support.microsoft.com/kb/931350

hope this helps

thanks,
Pawan

Ask a Question