Copying slides between presentations in PowerPoint 2008

A

afk56

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I've been trying to copy slides between presentations in PowerPoint 2008. However, every time I copy a slide the forma changes from the original presentation (which I would like to keep) to the format (e.g. bulleting, etc) used in the new presentations.

Any suggestions as to how I can maintain the original slide format?

J

John_Tribe

I've been trying to copy slides between presentations in PowerPoint 2008. However, every time I copy a slide the forma changes from the original presentation (which I would like to keep) to the format (e.g. bulleting, etc) used in the new presentations.
Any suggestions as to how I can maintain the original slide format?

1. Open the file you want to add a slide to.
2. In the Slide Sorter find the location where you want to place the slide from a different presentation
3. From the menu at the top of the screen click on Insert and then run the cursor down "Slides From" and over to "Other Presentation" click on "Other Presentation" and navigate your way to the file you want to import the slide from.
4. In this dialogue box you can choose "all slides" or "Select Slides" for a single slide choose the "Select Slides" and then click on "Insert"
5. When the thumbnails of the file open you can select one or more of the slides to be imported.
6. Now you're ready to preserve the formatting!! There is a check box that says "Keep design of original slides" Check that box and then the Insert box.
The slides will come accross with their formatting intact.

Ask a Question