Creating Macros in Excel

E

elizas

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am sharing this with all of you.Please add on to this discussion and let me know if i am correct or not.
1. Click on Start>Programs>Microsoft office>Microsoft Excel to open the application.

2. Go to Tools>Macro>Record New Macro.

3. A pop up window named Record Macro will appear. Enter a name for the macro under Macro

4. Select the location of the macro under Store macro in saving this macro in the Personal Macro Workbook or New Work Book or This Workbook so that it is available when you create new spreadsheets and want to use the macro.

5. Enter a brief description of the macro under Description field and click OK, now you will need to record the activities through the macro

6. A tiny pop up window having a blue button can be pressed at any time to stop recording the steps for the macro.

7. Testing the macro: Go to File>New to open a new spreadsheet. Press the short cut key assigned for the macro. You will find that the the field names gets created in the spread sheet automatically.
Thanks
Eliza

Ask a Question