EndNote X does not show in Word 2004 tools menue or is not usable

T

Thea

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Hi there,

several month ago, I was using Word 2004 with EndNote X and it worked perfectly well. Now (some updates of Word 2004 later), I cannot see the EndNote X commands in the word tool bar any longer.

So far, I've made sure that the files "EndNote 10 CWYW Commands.dot" and "EndNote 10 CWYW Word 2004" are in the start folder of Word (according to EndNote support FAQ), I run the "Customize" function in the EndNote menu, and I uninstalled and newly installed EndNote X altogether. But nothing has helped.

Further, I had a look at "templates and add-ins" in the Word-menu. There appear EndNote add-ins, and when selecting these and going back to the word document, the EndNote commands appear in the tools menu, however, when trying the commands, I get the error message "Microsoft Visual Basic, runtime error "5", incorrect procedure call or invalid argument" (hope my translation is comprehensible since I'm using the German version of Word).

If anybody had an idea what might help, I would be most grateful!

Thanks,
Thea

Ask a Question