Entourage 2008 and Exchange 2007 Connection Migration

M

msha094

Version: 2008 Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have to setup a customers MAC where we are going to setup Entourage 2008 with a connection to Exchange 2007.

What the problem is, is that firstly they currently have Entourage 2008 Home and Student installed as a part of Office 2008 Home and Student - Therefore this cannot be used to connect to an exchange account.

I have Entourage 2008 Standard which i can use. What i want to know is:

Can I uninstall just Entourage and install the standard version and leave the rest running?
Secondly, if i uninstall Entourage, is the identity removed and hence all mail etc lost?

Once the correct version of Entourage is installed, and the Exchange account configured, how do I transfer mail, contacts, calendar into the Exchange account for storage on the Exchange Server from the old Identity?

Basically the user wants to transfer his locally stored Identity to the Exchange 2007 server for Security and backup reasons.

As you can tell im soley a PC user and entourage/mac's are very foreign to me.

A proceedure would be awesome help!

Ask a Question