Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition

S

sarahbach

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Downloaded update to Office for Mac from the web. When installed, got a window that says?

"Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume."

"To learn how to fix this issue, see "I can't install Office 2008 for Mac updates," at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx."

I have looked through this site, but have not found an answer.

M

Michel Bintener

Hi,

what is the update status of your Office installation? You need to be
entirely up-to-date (12.2.3), or EWS won't install. To find out if there
are any updates that need to be applied, click on Help>Check for Updates
in any of the Office applications.

K

Kenny_G

I am having the same issue. I have checked my Office 2008 version and it reports 12.2.3. MicrosoftAutoUpdate reports that I have the latest updates installed. I am running MacOSX 10.6 on a 1st generation MacBook Pro. Snow Leopard. I was able to install EWS on my office iMac without an issue.

Suggestions?

K

Kenny_G

I should have also included that we are running Exchange 2010. As I mentioned, other users, including my office iMac, have been able to install Entourage WSE and set it up correctly. So I do not believe the problem is related to the server.

Thanks!

B

Bill Bryson

Do I understand correctly that you are unable to update to 13.0 from 12.2.3?
Another user (Vincent) seems to be reporting the same issue.

Have you verified that the other people in your area that were able to
upgrade ­ did so from 12.2.3 and not an earlier version? Are you using Snow
Leopard or Leopard on the computers that fail to upgrade?

P

pogo

Re: Entourage 2008, Web Services EditionI am having the same problem. I have a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I have installed Office 2008 with Entourage 12.2.3 We use exchange 2007 SP1. I have tried to install the Web Services Edition Update 13.0.3 . It comes up with an error: "Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume."

Obviously Entourage is there as it is being used. We do have Web Services Edition installed on 2 Macs. I don't know what version of Entourage was running when they were updated. I did not do the updates and that person has left. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Do I understand correctly that you are unable to update to 13.0 from 12.2.3? Another user (Vincent) seems to be reporting the same issue.

Have you verified that the other people in your area that were able to upgrade - did so from 12.2.3 and not an earlier version? Are you using Snow Leopard or Leopard on the computers that fail to upgrade?

I should have also included that we are running Exchange 2010. As I mentioned, other users, including my office iMac, have been able to install Entourage WSE and set it up correctly. So I do not believe the problem is related to the server.

Thanks!

B

Bill Bryson

I am having the same problem. I have a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I have
installed Office 2008 with Entourage 12.2.3 We use exchange 2007 SP1. I have
tried to install the Web Services Edition Update 13.0.3 . It comes up with an
error: "Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition Update can't be installed on this
disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found
on this volume."

Obviously Entourage is there as it is being used. We do have Web Services
Edition installed on 2 Macs. I don't know what version of Entourage was
running when they were updated. I did not do the updates and that person has
left. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Once you are at Entourage 12.2.3, I've learned you MUST use the 13.0.3
version of the EWS upgrade program and not the 13.0.1 version that you may
have downloaded previously. The EWS 13.0.3 upgrade program is on the
Microsoft download page at:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx

Here is the direct link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/E/9/BE97C4CD-E293-4293-BF93-5BFBDE9
19901/EWS-1303-EN.dmg

P

pogo

Re: Entourage 2008, Web Services EditionI have solved the problem. The problem is that unlike PC updates the Mac Web Services update is looking for a very specific version of Office. PC updates look for a minimum version. If you have a version higher it doesn't matter as long as it's not higher than the update itself.

With the Mac Web services update it is looking for the original install version minus any updates which I think is 12.2.0 or 12.2.1. After you do an install you will be asked if you would like to check for updates. If you do this it will update it to 12.2.3. Once this is done the Web Services update will not work, even though this brings it up to ver 13.0. Office 2008 Business edition comes on 2 CDs the WSE update is on the second CD.

You will have to completely uninstall office then reinstall it. Do not apply any updates but install WSE straight away.

I am having the same problem. I have a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I have installed Office 2008 with Entourage 12.2.3 We use exchange 2007 SP1. I have tried to install the Web Services Edition Update 13.0.3 . It comes up with an error: "Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume."

Obviously Entourage is there as it is being used. We do have Web Services Edition installed on 2 Macs. I don't know what version of Entourage was running when they were updated. I did not do the updates and that person has left. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Do I understand correctly that you are unable to update to 13.0 from 12.2.3? Another user (Vincent) seems to be reporting the same issue.

Have you verified that the other people in your area that were able to upgrade ^ did so from 12.2.3 and not an earlier version? Are you using Snow Leopard or Leopard on the computers that fail to upgrade?

Thanks!
I am having the same issue. I have checked my Office 2008 version and it reports 12.2.3. MicrosoftAutoUpdate reports that I have the latest updates installed. I am running MacOSX 10.6 on a 1st generation MacBook Pro. Snow Leopard. I was able to install EWS on my office iMac without an issue.

Suggestions?

Once you are at Entourage 12.2.3, I've learned you MUST use the 13.0.3 version of the EWS upgrade program and not the 13.0.1 version that you may have downloaded previously. The EWS 13.0.3 upgrade program is on the Microsoft download page at:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx

Here is the direct link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/E/9/BE97C4CD-E293-4293-BF93-5BFBDE919901/EWS-1303-EN.dmg

Ask a Question