Entourage Crashing with Hotmail POP3

P

paullivo

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: pop

Hotmail has worked fine using Entourage X for Mac V10.1.6 using DAV. Running on a Mac Pro Dual Core Intel Xeon with OS X v 10.4.11

Hotmail advised that they will only be supporting POP3 mail so I set up the email as a POP3 account and schedule as per their instructions.

When I do a send & receive Entourage crashes. I turned off all the other accounts and only had the hotmail POP3 active and every time I tried to send & receive Entourage crashed. Turn off hotmail and the others back on including the Hotmail DAV and all is well.

Any suggestions?

Any

A

Adam Bailey

Hotmail advised that they will only be supporting POP3 mail so I set up the
email as a POP3 account and schedule as per their instructions.

When I do a send & receive Entourage crashes.

Perhaps there's a corrupted message on the Hotmail server? Try logging
in using the web and temporarily moving everything out of your Inbox
and into a temporary folder. If that works, move them back to your
Inbox in batches.

O

odurand

Hi,
Same story here. The problem is worst: the synch has started on my Mac... as a result, I cannot use Entourage any longer, since it doesn't allow me to delete the Hotmail account, which is synching... Bye bye Google mail accounts and history, and I have to use Mail instead...

I did the mail cleansing on the server already.

Does anyone have an idea? I wrote to the Hotmail support which recommended that I write here instead.

Ask a Question