Error Messages

K

KBeauregard

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: pop I sure hope you can help - I've looked through a gazillion threads and can't find this problem addressed. When I attach pictures to my email, they won't send. I get a couple of error messages. Mostly 4363 and "an unknown error has occurred in Entourage". The recipient is in my address book - messages to him that don't include photos get sent. The photos are regular .jpg's from my photo library. No other problems with entourage since installing about a year ago. Thanks so much - Karen

P

Pawan Kapoor

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error4363

How big is this attached file? Is this happening to all the files you are trying to send?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: pop I sure hope you can help - I've looked through a gazillion threads and can't find this problem addressed. When I attach pictures to my email, they won't send. I get a couple of error messages. Mostly 4363 and "an unknown error has occurred in Entourage". The recipient is in my address book - messages to him that don't include photos get sent. The photos are regular .jpg's from my photo library. No other problems with entourage since installing about a year ago. Thanks so much - Karen

O

onthego

Does anyone know where to find a directory listing of what all error messages mean? I've not been able to find this.

K

KBeauregard

CTRL + Click to follow link"
> href="http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error4363">http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error4363
>  
> How big is this attached file? Is this happening to all
> the files you are trying to send?
> style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
> < title=&quot;mailto:[email protected]
CTRL + Click to follow link&quot;
> href=&quot;mailto:[email protected]&quot;>[email protected]>
> wrote in message title=&quot;news:[email protected]
CTRL + Click to follow link&quot;
> href=&quot;
> 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: pop I sure hope
> you can help - I've looked through a gazillion threads and can't find this
> problem addressed. When I attach pictures to my email, they won't send. I get
> a couple of error messages. Mostly 4363 and &quot;an unknown error has occurred in
> Entourage&quot;. The recipient is in my address book - messages to him that don't
> include photos get sent. The photos are regular .jpg's from my photo library.
> No other problems with entourage since installing about a year ago. Thanks so
> much - Karen

Thank You, Pawan - the .jpg files are between 4.0 and 5.5 MB. I was trying to send 8, then decreased to 5 then to 3 then to 1 with the same results and same error message. What size should I be able to send? Where would I find that info? And, I tried deleting and reattaching - still no go. Karen

P

Pawan Kapoor

You need to talk to your service provider.

Just to confirm.. send an email with a small attachment and see if this works
title="http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error4363 CTRL + Click to follow link"
href="http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error4363">http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/number.html#error4363

How big is this attached file? Is this happening to all
the files you are trying to send?
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
< title="mailto:[email protected] CTRL + Click to follow link"
href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]>
wrote in message title=" CTRL + Click to follow link"
href="
2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: pop I sure hope
you can help - I've looked through a gazillion threads and can't find this
problem addressed. When I attach pictures to my email, they won't send. I get
a couple of error messages. Mostly 4363 and "an unknown error has occurred in
Entourage". The recipient is in my address book - messages to him that don't
include photos get sent. The photos are regular .jpg's from my photo library.
No other problems with entourage since installing about a year ago. Thanks so
much - Karen

Thank You, Pawan - the .jpg files are between 4.0 and 5.5 MB. I was trying to send 8, then decreased to 5 then to 3 then to 1 with the same results and same error message. What size should I be able to send? Where would I find that info? And, I tried deleting and reattaching - still no go. Karen

K

KBeauregard

I had talked with my provider before trying Mactopia. They said it's an Entourage issue - they have no limit on attachments or attachment sizes. I'll try sending one of the pics. Karen

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

I had talked with my provider before trying Mactopia. They said it's an
Entourage issue - they have no limit on attachments or attachment sizes. I'll
try sending one of the pics. Karen

Generally it¹s a 5MB limit. I've never heard of an ISP that didn't limit the
size of attachments.

It you want to share large files, try DropBox. It's free up to 2GB.

K

KBeauregard

Diane &amp; Pawan - Diane, thanks for the DropBox suggestion - I have that now.

I thought I would share with you that just last night, while doing some work in iPhoto, I accidentally stumbled across the cause of my problem: in iPhoto Preferences, there's a button for choosing which email to use for sending photos, and the default, which is what it had been set to, is Mail. So iPhoto would not send photos using Entourage! I wasted SO many hours because of this...but thank you so much for trying to help - I'm really glad you guys are out there - what a great resource! Karen

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

I thought I would share with you that just last night, while doing some work
in iPhoto, I accidentally stumbled across the cause of my problem: in iPhoto
Preferences, there's a button for choosing which email to use for sending
photos, and the default, which is what it had been set to, is Mail. So iPhoto
would not send photos using Entourage!

I¹m confused. Your problem never indicated that the attachments were not
going to Entourage but was opening Mail instead. Oh well, glad you now have
the correct setting.

K

KBeauregard

Diane - they weren't going to Mail. I don't use Mail. They would attach to Entourage, but would not send. When I hit the send button, I got the error message (4363). That's why nothing we did in or to Entourage or with my isp fixed the problem - the problem was an obscure setting in iPhoto. Karen

D

Diane Ross

Diane - they weren't going to Mail. I don't use Mail. They would attach to
Entourage, but would not send. When I hit the send button, I got the error
message (4363). That's why nothing we did in or to Entourage or with my isp
fixed the problem - the problem was an obscure setting in iPhoto. Karen

Normally when iPhoto is not set to use Entourage, it will try to open Mail
regardless of your settings.

Ask a Question